Wednesday, September 14, 2011

To the tune "The 12 days of Christmas".

On the 14th day of September my neighbors sold to me;
75 lbs. of potatoes,
8 or-ange carrots,
1 purple cauliflower,
1 or-ange squash,...a  n  d....
2 zoo-oo-chi-ee-ee-neeee!

Pretty good deal huh?  btw, That really is a squash, I asked the girl how her mother fixes it and she said, "we cut a lid into it, and put butter, salt, and sugar inside before we put it in the oven".  :-)

4 comments:

  1. SEVENTY-FIVE POUNDS OF POTATOES?????!!!!! Holy smokes! You got a fantastic deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I'm going to put them in the crawl space, and I may go and buy another 25 lbs. after they dig some more! I tried to pay her more but she insisted on 50 lbs. for $10. I sort of bought the other stuff to bring it up to $20. She said they "joost vant to keep dare customers happy". I picked up something that was wet and commented that the rain from the night before must have got into their stand, and she said "da vind musta blown in from da norse".

    ReplyDelete