Friday, September 2, 2011

Wardrobe Update

Jen suggested we have a blog where we can share our thrift store, garage sale, or just plain "look what I found!" treasures. I said I would get it going....so it's going.

I thought I'd share my most recent quest--a new wardrobe. In the spring I realized that I would need some new clothes (aka, a new style) once I left camp. Shorts/jeans and t-shirts will not cut it in any pastoral position I may have! So last month I started looking for some "grown up" clothes, as I called it.

My first few purchases came from MCC Connections, and then Goodwill. I do not remember how much I paid for these:

Four shirts, two dresses, one pair of dress pants, and two skirts.


My next purchase were these two dress jackets:
The grey one is new and the label says $54.98. I paid $4.99 from Goodwill. 
I paid $4.25 for the blue and white one!

Yesterday I went to the Salvation Army store on Whipple. It turned into a sad trip because 1) Donna wasn't with me, 2) I didn't know what Brenan needed, 3) I kept seeing things that I'd think "I should buy that for camp....oh wait...."  But it was a successful shopping trip because everything was 50% off!

So here are the results:
One dress jacket, two casual tops, three dress tops, two pair dress pants, one semi-casual pair of shorts, and one casual pair of pants. Can you guess how much I paid????

$28.95

For serious.
Cool huh?

And who can forget the dress that I wore to Donna and Tyler's wedding.....

Brand new with tags, exactly my size, the right colors for the wedding......all for less than $9.

Can't wait to hear about YOUR adventures!
Momma

3 comments:

  1. Niiice! I bet you look great in them too! I wonder why I can't post a comment unless I use the anonymous profile selection..same thing on Jen's Blog, haven't tried Donna's yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, anonymous is me...Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue and white jacket.... awe-some.

    ReplyDelete